Our surgery suite is up-to-date and fully equipped for orthopedics, routine surgery, and many other surgical procedures.
Sterile surgical procedures are strictly adhered to in order to minimize the risk of postoperative infection. The room is cleaned and disinfected after every procedure and again at the end of the day. Gowns, drapes, and instruments are all sterilized to the standards of the College of Veterinarians of Ontario between surgeries.
All patients are constantly monitored during surgery for heart rate, respiratory rate, EKG, respiratory CO2 levels, and blood oxygen levels by a trained Registered Veterinarian Technician.
Our in-house lab allows us to run a variety of tests efficiently and conveniently. Not having a long wait for test results is an advantage in a variety of ways, including:
- Treatment for health problems can be started sooner and can be more specifically tailored to your pet's needs
- Patients can be closely monitored and treatment plans can be adjusted if needed
- Organ function and blood cell counts can be assessed prior to anesthesia, ensuring less risk during surgical procedures
- We are able to do preliminary tests to decide if more extensive tests are necessary
- We can rule out issues so that, if more extensive sent-out tests are needed, they can be more specific
- We have 3 spacious exam rooms, both with fold up/down examination tables; this allows us additional space on the floor if your pet is larger in size
- We use comfortable bedding on top of our exam tables during examinations to keep your pets more comfortable
- We have xray equipment including a digital dental xray unit to aid in diagnosing your pet
Now that you've read a bit about our facilities, come and pay us a visit to see what we can offer both you and your furry loved one.